Saturday, May 30, 2009

Steady Morning Routines

I am in a routine of getting up early... before the rest of the family. Rising early was part of my childhood on the farm, but I do so now because I really like it. It's quiet and I can read and think and pray unhurried and undisturbed.
Here's the drill... I get up... get a pot of coffee going... grab my Bible and journal and sit in one of my favorite spots. It is usually still dark and during my reading the morning grows brighter. Sometimes I move out on the porch to feel the cool morning air and listen to the birds.
I hear from the Lord as I read his word. It's like sitting with a close friend... sometimes talking... sometimes sitting without a word. The Lord draws closer and my awareness and understanding grow stronger.
Although many cool things happen throughout the day, this morning routine is my favorite part.

No comments: