Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day and Providential Relationships

God uses human relationships to shape and influence and grow our faith.
Not much to argue with on this point.
Mothers are an especially strong example of life shaping, faith growing relationships. Happy Mothers Day to all those reading this!!

I spoke today at Stonebridge and unpacked this truth. All of us have know people with BIG faith... they seemed unshakable not matter what circumstances came their way. That strong trust and faith in God results in closeness and intimacy with Him.

I can name dozen's of people God has used to shape and grow my faith.
Diann my wife, my mom and dad, Helen Senter, Berry Barbor, Ben Plesant, David Highsmigth, Lem Howard, Tommy Bridges, Mike Fields, Chuck Klein, Skid Logan, Charlotte Patrick, Nancy Mills, Steve Bradley, Joe McKinney, David Windley, Steve Dupree, Steve Cotton, my children Coby, Cory and Catherine and many more...
I thank God for these people who have allowed their faith and love for the Lord overflow into my life.

My application...
Be intentional to get into structured environments... designed to foster and set up meaningful relationships. Put yourself in environments where God can connect you with others that will influence your faith in positive way.
Also be willing and available to let God intersect you and use you in someone else's life. The things you have heard and learned and experienced can impact someone else.

No comments: