Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Memorable Visit in March - Altadena Valley Presbyterian Church


While we were on the road at spring break, we made a very memorable stop. Over our 25 years of marriage, coming up this May 19th, Diann and I had never returned to the church in Birmingham where we were married. As a surprise, I drove our family over to the little church.
After the tears and initial surprise from Diann, we all walked around and took pictures. This beautiful, little white church was such a perfect place for our wedding. About half-way between Diann's home of Odessa, Texas and my home of Angier, NC, our family and friends met in Birmingham on May 19, 1984.
We told our kids some of our memories about our wedding and together stood at that church and prayed with our three children. What an amazing moment. Never in a million years could I have dreamed of such blessings as God has given me in my precious wife and three awesome kids. I pray for Coby, Cory and Catherine to experience the same joy some day.













































No comments: