Wednesday, January 28, 2009

After Lisa Carlson's Memorial

The service for Lisa was amazing. I wish I had known her better. Lisa touched so many lives. Family and co-workers spoke of the stories they remember and influence she had wherever she was. I am thankful for her demonstration of living life to the full.
Moses writes in Psalm 90
10 Seventy years are given to us! Some even live to eighty. But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear, and we fly away.
... 12 Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom. ...
14 Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives. 15 Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery! Replace the evil years with good. 16 Let us, your servants, see you work again; let our children see your glory. 17 And may the Lord our God show us his approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful!

Life is short and my prayer is that I will live everyday to the full... following Christ closely and obedient to all he wants me to do.

No comments: