Thursday, May 22, 2008

Improving at Golf

My golf game is really improving. I guess some would say... "so what else do you have to do as pastor, but practice your golf game."
The golf journey for me has been a slow one... overcoming the negative attitudes I frequently heard about the game. My dad sold golf cars, and yet did not "take the time" to play. Now my brother Steve and I both are beginner golfers.
I decided to get some real help and take some lessons with my daughter Catherine last year. We have enjoyed going to the driving range together and learning together.
The lessons and practice are paying off. My score is getting consistently better. I know the suspence is eating at you... my break through score was getting below 100! That's right, I scored 98 last week... legit... real score... no mulligans... no fudging! Then today I scored 95, sank some long puts and beat other players in our foursome! WOW!
Not ready to quit the ministry and go on tour, but it was very satisfying.

No comments: